• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#110208 2 years, 8 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
I think an awesome feature to add to this forum would be a real time chat room! Seriously think about that! I have been on various forums, and adding a chat room is usually an awesome place where regular members can get to know each other better, real time. Something like they have on deadvids.com/dv would be awesome!

Edit: Seems that deadvids is down at the moment, unfortunately! They used to play Dead videos, Furthur videos, JGB, etc, and it had a chat room for members to chat while watching it.

Also, a feature that would allow us to click all new topics/posts since our last visit would be awesome as well, and it would make it easier for us to not miss new posts when we don't log in for a few days.

We may be able to add this feature to the Connect section in the future. Adding it to the list of requested upgrades.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, GratefulDad420
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110290 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you very much! I love the real time chat, and would likely be a VERY regular member in there, should you implement the feature. If there is any way I could be of any help, if/when it gets up and running, I'd be more than happy to do whatever I can!
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#110314 2 years, 8 months ago
Love the forum. Thanks for doing this!
I have seen an element to other forums that I think would be a great addition to this one. Forgive me if it is already an option and I am overlooking it somehow. What I'm thinking of is for this site to have the ability to seperate for each individual user the posts that they have read from the ones that they have not read. Once logged in the user would see the list of topics and by each topic or "thread" there would be a statement of "X number of total responses & X number of unread resposes". This would help make the site much more user friendly and effiecient. Delphi Forums has this capability incorporated into their basic, free membership. Just an idea.
All the best!
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#110739 2 years, 8 months ago
We need an android app, and we ALL know Phil and Bob LOVED Steve Jobs and vice versa so maybe Apple will help for the I Phone and I Pad.
PLEASE AND THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
bobnj23
Junior Boarder

#118377 2 years, 7 months ago
Help! I'm trying to post a picture and it won't let me. When I attach a file, instead of saying the entire file location it starts wit Fakepath, and then the file name. When i hit submit, it doesn.t submit it just disappears. I've tried about a dozen times. It is JPEG file. What do I need to do different?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#118418 2 years, 7 months ago
bobnj23---did you click "insert" first?

you must insert the photograph into the body before submitting.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
bobnj23
Junior Boarder

#118543 2 years, 7 months ago
I hit insert every time! I finally figured it out by downloading the picture from my facebook page onto my desktop and then attaching them that way. It would not let me attach from my hard drive. Oh well. Thanx.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#119698 2 years, 7 months ago
And another bump for the video thread!
SunshineSue wrote:
In response to a couple of recent questions, here are some tips/directions on picture and video posting, since I always need detailed instructions on this kind of thing:

SunshineSue wrote:
A couple of other issues to be aware of:

1) If you're using IE9 you will not see ANY of the insert/format options that are available in the Reply section; it'll just be blank gray screen with headers, and nothing will upload (true for avatars, too), though you can insert basic text posts. IE9 will work better if you use "compatibility mode", you will see the icons then, but some features, like the spell check, still aren't functional with IE9. I strongly recommend using another browser such as Firefox around here.

2) It looks like the original directions in this post for loading a picture seems to require the use of Photobucket or another photo site. But I've always just uploaded images directly from my hard drive without problems; perhaps that's changed since this was first posted. To get a picture in the body of the post, hit "image link" in the Boardcode section, then hit "Add File" in the Attachment section below. You can then browse for your pic, hit "open" and then "insert file", and the correct coding will be there. You won't actually see if it posted correctly until after you hit "submit", however.

3) To post a video, under boardcode click the “video” icon; then use the Provider drop down menu to select (usually) YouTube; cut and paste the url of the video that you want to post into the "URL" box, and click “insert video”. Again, you won’t see the video until after hitting submit and posting.

Island Head wrote:
I figured out how to embed a you tube video with an Ipad instead of just a link.

Click "Share" on You Tube video you like then Click "Email" and your Ipad will open up an email window. Then "Select All" and copy the web address from your email, close the email, and paste the web address on the Furthur site.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
DeadHead101
Fresh Boarder

#120390 2 years, 7 months ago
Heyy, I was wondering if Furthur lets people bootleg off of their PA? like the good ole Dead, i just got a $200 taper and i planned to use it for the spring tour thanks
danlindsay
Fresh Boarder

#120441 2 years, 7 months ago
Hello,

My name is Daniel Lindsay and am humbled to say that I have been winged. I do not know where to begin as far understanding what they stand for and I truly wish to understand them to their extent and their purpose to the Grateful dead family. From what I know, its that these wings clearly must be earned. I feel that its not about the money or the fans or the music itself, but the family bond that is created through this tight-knit group of individuals. I inherited my wings from my older brother who fell victim to the addiction of the power behind the wings and lost sight their values. I wish beyond any obstacles to pick up my brothers torch and reignite the flame that drew him into this family and shed light on the world. My brother was my best friend and inspiration. If i could have one last wish for him its that he would have wanted me to understand the gravity of these wings and how they can soar beyond any limitation of mankind.

With love, to and from Toby Engel 9/25/93-2/5/12 & Austin Lindsay 11/23/91-8/5/11
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds